This is kind of my first “outfit” post, I almost never do it, but I kind of like it. This is today’s outfit, the top and skirt are made by me, the necklace is a toy dinosaur a friend gave me, the glasses… I think I bought them at Venice Beach, the cap is a gift from my best friend (it’s from NYC), the varsity jacket is from Zara, and the shoes are from Converse.
Want to win a free item of your choice from our store?
We will be selecting one lucky winner to receive any item of clothing of their choice from www.ghostlychic.com on the 31st of August!
1) Reblog for your chance to win. (Likes do not count.)
2) Winner will be selected at random.
3) International shipping is free!
Good luck! :)
Awww thank you! I’m so happy to read this.
Here’s a closer look at my Ouija Purse, the letters are a little messed up but it’s just a sort of prototype. :) I think I’m in love with it.
(I added a little zipper-keychain-thingy, should I keep it or lose it?)
I made another circle skirt, pastel pink <3
Plus, I’m showing off my new Ouija clutch/purse (the first clutch I’ve ever made!!!)
I’m so excited!! (It’s been a busy weekend)
I got the Circle-Skirt-Fever, I just can’t stop making them!
I made this golden skirt yesterday and I’m just in love with it <3
I’ll be uploading more pictures of the skirts I’m making :)
To make them I just followed this ohsopretty tutorial (SO EASY!) :))
I made Yo-landi Vi$$er’s “ZEF” shirt from this szmoon tutorial.
I’m lovin’ it!
A friend and I made this super-fabulous barbie cake. It kinda tasted like shit (I hate cake frosting) but hey, the lil gurl was lovin it :))
I made earrings with bottlecaps, pretty easy to do.
Those ones are a Daft Punk earring, and the second one, a Young Stanley Kubrick earring. I’ve got a George Clooney one, I’ve also got Spirited Away, Uma Thurma, Woody Allen… etc. :) Aren’t they just gorgeous?
Szmoon.net DIY Kit Giveaway
A week ago I asked you guys what you’d like in a giveaway from me when I reached 5,000 followers: fashion/beauty items or DIY items. The response was overwhelmingly DIY, so here it is!
From the bottom of my heart I want to thank everyone who follows my blog and gives me support. When I posted the Pokébra a few years ago, I pretty much had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. Now, after continued involvement with this community of fellow DIYers, fashionistas, and bloggers, I feel like I have a little more direction (don’t get me wrong, I’ve by no means figured my entire life out, haha. ;p )
I’ve realized is that I love being able to share my projects, get inspired by projects that other bloggers post, and once in awhile even get the opportunity to help people with their DIY projects. So this giveaway is for a DIY Sewing Kit of some of my favorite DIY tools. :]
What’s in the Kit:
None of these items are sponsored, and all of them are provided by me. :] If you win, please be sure to exercise caution when using the sharp or pointed objects in this kit, and do not let young children handle them!
- Generation T: 108 Ways to Transform a T-Shirt: This book is actually from my personal collection. It was my absolute favorite DIY book in highschool, and I want to pass it on to someone who can give it new purpose. ♥
- The Sewing Answer Book: Full of super useful tips to solve almost any sewing problem.
- Fiskars Easy Action 2-Piece Cutting Set: My absolute personal favorite scissors to use. Very comfortable, not too heavy, and have springs to keep your hand from getting overworked. I hold the belief that a good pair of scissors, designated just for fabric, is the most important tool for DIY fashion. The smaller pair make a nice thread cutter.
- Purple 60” (152.cm) Measuring Tape
- Dritz Blue Dressmaker’s Marking Pencil: Best tool to use when you want to mark something before cutting, or marking the placement of something on fabric.
- Dritz Pink Tomato Pin Cushion: Such a cute color, haha~
- Singer Metallic Safety Pins (35 ct, various sizes): I always keep safety pins in my sewing kit since they come in handy for so many things. I even carry around safety pins in my purse when I’m cosplaying, just in case something falls apart. :]
- Dritz Pastel Color Ball Pins (80 ct): Super lovely shades, I had to include these. :]
How to Enter:
I decided to host the giveaway with Rafflecopter so that all of my followers have a chance to enter, whether they use Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, etc (in the past I held them only through Tumblr reblogs and not everyone was able to participate).
This DIY kit is so amazing, I would be so freakin happy if I won. FINGERS CROSSED!
I got this at the flea market for less than 30 dollars (300 mexican pesos). My first mannequin <3 (It’s adjustable!)
I made a backpack with some old jeans I had, I didn’t follow any tutorial in particular, I just copied the shape of my (bigger) school backpack.
I made it because I’ve always wanted a jeans backpack full of patches. My first patch will be that Grateful Dead one. I love it!
I’m sad because I can’t find the yards of lace I bought, so I can’t finish the shorts I’m doing :(((
Notebook Lined Tee | Say Yes! To Hoboken
Well Summer holidays are almost over (well, here anyway!) so I thought there might be some folks out there who would like to make this for a little one who will be going back or even starting. My niece starts school this year - yikes! I feel so old. In fact, I would probably wear this tshirt too. You could even write something on the shirt. Cute!
I’m doin this!!!!! (soon)